What Are the Benefits of Installing Solid Wood Timber Flooring?
When it comes to flooring, there are many different variants possible. Each flooring comes with its own benefits and disadvantages. Hence, while building or renovating a house, you will have to weigh on all those aspects in order to select the perfect flooring for you. In terms of selecting, the solid timber flooring gives several benefits.
Solid Timber Flooring Benefits
- Longevity: Timber flooring have greater longevity factor. This means that they are more durable than other types of flooring hence, after building or renovating, you can be assured that these types of flooring will last for years to come. It is their durability nature which has driven the sale in most occasions. With solid timber flooring, you won’t need to worry about survivability of the floor as the floor is well equipped now.
- Easier to maintain: When it comes to maintenance, the timber flooring is easier to maintain than the other types of flooring. Moreover, these solid timber flooring is easier to clean. Hence you won’t need to put much effort to clean the floor when there is timber flooring.
- Less likely to accumulate dirt: If you are living in an area where there is dirt everywhere, timber flooring can help you in the aspect of accumulation of less dirt. A carpeted floor will accumulate more dirt and it may also accumulate allergens also. But timber flooring is easier to clean. Hence, you won’t need much effort and energy in order to clean the floor.
- Aesthetically pleasing: As it has been mentioned above, the solid timber flooring changes the whole look of the house. These timber flooring helps in creating a comfortable environment where people can shed away all the tension and worries. It has the ability to turn a house in to a home. The price of solid timber oak and mahogany flooring differs from that of engineered floors. However, it is not advisable to mix the two varieties if you think about the cost. Solid timber flooring costs per square feet but in case of engineered floors, the cost can be less. However, when it comes to durability, then you can only bank upon solid timber floors.
- It is also one of the environment friendly options. Hence, not only durable but timber flooring also gives the option to choose itself as opposed to those floorings which aren’t environment friendly.
- A timber flooring is an investment of a life. If we talk about the durability, then solid timber flooring can last up to even 100 years or even more.
- From the perspective of cleaning, timber floors make great sense. For cleaning the timber floor, you will just need a damp mop to clean the timber floor. You may also use antistatic mop in order to take the dirt out. But that’s all you need to do in order to clean the floor. You won’t need spend much time or effort in order to keep the floor clean.
- Since, different woods have different structures and feeling, it will also give your home a different internal dimension. The glow, or the beauty of these floors will vary which makes it a unique characteristic. You can choose from American Oak, mahogany, Rosewood, Grey Ironbark, French Oak and many other varieties that will stand the test of time.
Hence, there are many benefits of solid timber flooring. If you are building or renovating home, then you should consider. There are the solid timber floors that are now used in trendy homes, in decks, in corporate and commercial houses and in institutions. With some easy cleaning steps and yearly maintenance, the solid timber floors can give you the best resale value for money.