How to Look After Exposed Aggregate Concrete?
If the exposed aggregate concrete is put in place by a professional, it is usually acceptable to the Australian folks. This kind of driveway is considered to be durable for a surface that is considered to be hardwearing. These surfaces usually last for a number of years and look good as well. Even if these surfaces can be easily maintained, you should follow certain basic hygiene guidelines while maintaining the complete look of the driveway. Along with the concrete that is laid down, one should look at the steps that need to be understood or looked at before installing the concrete floors. Let us look at some of these factors.
#1. Use the Right Professional: You should work for the contractor who is known to particularly work with projects based on exposed aggregate concrete. This is important because considering the process of concrete laying is definitely not the same when considering the different types of processes used for laying of concrete. The kind of materials that are required to get the right kind of mix is an important factor to be considered. If the job is very shoddy, you will see water seepage and air bubbles in many places. This could lead to cracks and crevices that grow in the due course of time. This is not an ideal situation to be in.
#2. Cleaning the Surface: Sweeping is a good process to ensure that the exposed aggregate concrete is cleaned. One can use a leaf blower to move debris. There are times when a simple regular water rinsing can be used to remove grime and dermis. This rinsing procedure can be carried out with the help of a water pipe. Some of the other types of cleaning the exposed aggregate concrete surfaces are:
- A power washed that combined a chemical-based cleaning agent and the hot water can be used to remove the dirt and the grime. The hot water is used to remove the stain, while the cleaner provides a glossy look to the concrete surface.
- For old greasy spots, you should use a poultice. This will look into the breaking the dust on the surface and remove the created stains on the floors.
- Some folks use a single-cell organism that can totally eat into the oil on the floor and also take care of the derivatives that are based on stains as well.
#3. Carrying Out Every Process: To ensure that all the processes are carried out thoroughly, a profession flooring contractor is the need of the hour. To ensure that every process is followed effectively, the concrete should be first poured and allowed to settle down. Also, one should ensure that the surface driveway is correctly sealed. This process is very important because it helps in the protection from staining and other external elements.
In order to maintain the driveway in top condition, one has to seal the driveway completely. It is a good question to ask the contractors as to the steps that are being taken by the contractor to ensure that the entrance is sealed appropriately. If the right sealer is not used in the floor, it means that more long-term issues with the flooring might happen.
There are certain disadvantages that one will see with respect to exposed aggregate concrete. Some of the well-known advantages are:
- Design flexibility – This kind of flooring needs to be carried alone for large floors, but it can be done in small intricate areas.
- Resistance from skidding – This design is the best when it comes to providing resistance to users.
Overall this type of flooring covers a number of process. Hence, it is very important, and easy. However, money and energy need to be spent on this industry as well.
For knowing more information about exposed aggregate concrete, please visit here.